Fall Driving Tour to the Dalles
September 26 @ 8:30 am - 1:00 pm
PLEASE NOTE: THIS EVENT IS FOR BMW CCA MEMBERS ONLY
The Fall Driving Tour brings back an old favorite. The tour to The Dalles is a journey from the lush Willamette Valley forests to the golden hills of the high desert with the beautiful Columbia Gorge in between. We will start in Troutdale and take advantage of the famous Historic Columbia River Highway. Curvy, wooded roads round Oxbow Park down to the Bull Run area. Winding our way up to Pleasant Home and out to the Larch Mountain Corridor and around Corbett we will see the majestic views of Mount Hood. From Corbett we will drop down into the Columbia River Gorge and have a scenic drive out to Cascade Locks. At the Marine Park Pavilion we will take a break. The Columbia Gorge Sternwheeler has tours from there. Crossing the Bridge of the Gods to Washington we will take in the spectacular Gorge views on that side of the river. Returning to Oregon over the Hood River Bridge we will head to Mosier. The Mosier loops are a world away from the valley showing us what high desert twisties are all about. Dropping down into The Dalles we will stop at Lewis & Clark Festival Park. There we can have our BYO picnic lunch or you can partake in the nearby restaurant selections. After lunch there is an optional return route for more Historic Columbia River Highway action.
We will meet at 8:30 am at Columbia Park in Troutdale, next to Reynolds High School. Use navigation to get there, as there is construction in the area. Columbia Park 1900 SW Cherry Park Rd. Troutdale, OR 97060
We will have a Drivers’ meeting promptly at 9:00 AM to explain the route and safety rules. We will head out shortly thereafter in groups.
- Both The Bridge of the Gods and the Hood River Bridge have $2.00 tolls bring cash.
- All drivers MUST be pre-registered and be a current BMWCCA member
- Drivers and passengers should stay with their cars until check-in and must practice social distancing protocols at all times.
- All drivers and passengers MUST sign the electronic waiver prior to the event.
- Registration is limited to 40 cars.
- Drivers meeting is mandatory.
- Restaurants have mask rules and occupancy may be limited. BYO Picnic is recommended.
End of Tour Options:
BYO Picnic in Lewis & Clark Festival Park – bring a chairRegister Now
- Mark Koepping